FULLY BOOKED – CONTACT US TO JOIN THE WAITING LIST
Come and learn with Neil one of our experienced instructor’s in a fun and enjoyable atmosphere with likeminded people who have a similar level of interest and ability.
Focusing on the principle areas of contemporary gardening it is divided into 2 modules, each of 3 hours per week for 15 weeks.
Starting on Saturday 18th September 2021. The whole course lasts 30 weeks. The modules are also offered as individual courses so it will be possible to dip in and out for subjects you have a particular interest in.
There will also be a practical element to each module to give real experience of the topics covered.
In addition to lessons, a WhatsApp group is available for you to be added into to help exchange ideas and information while the course is running.
The price is £550 for both modules or £280 for one.
What will I learn?
Module 1- The Basics of How to Garden: Grow Your Skills
- Botany basics
- Choosing the right plants for the right places
- Soil cultivation and preparation
- Maintenance tasks
- Building frames and supports
- Growing in containers and small areas
- Wildlife and wildlife havens
- Plant choice and wildlife – gardens significant impact on nature
- Sustainable gardening
- Gardening in a changing climate
- Sustainable design
Module 2 – Growing Your Own Fruit & Vegetables: Enjoy the Fruits of your Labours
- Planning your vegetable garden – when and what to sow
- Preparing the ground
- Crop rotation and different techniques
- Use of fertilisers and compost – including green manures
- Fruit tree selection and maintenance
- Success with soft fruit
- Sowing and planting
- Gardens and your well-being
- Peat-free growing
- Pests and disease monitoring and management
- Friend or foe – enemies and allies in the natural world
- Harvesting and avoiding gluts
- Herbs for eating and healing
- Plants for medicinal interest
- Within these four walls – how to reuse and recycle in the garden
For people who have an interest in gardening and want to know more without a taxing level science and complexity or EXAMS! No prior knowledge or experience is required.
Please complete the booking form or contact Lesley Webster at Coolings Nurseries Ltd on 01959 532269 or email email@example.com
Student numbers will be limited to each session so please book early to ensure a place.
If you are interested in any of our courses that are currently full please contact us to join the waiting list. If there is sufficient interest then we will always consider running another course.
Please note: Courses will only be cancelled if not viable to run.