Please read these terms and conditions before using our website. By accessing our website you agree to be held by the terms and conditions as outlined below.
By purchasing goods online, you are entering a legally binding agreement based on the terms laid out here. Please read and understand the terms as they affect your rights and liabilities. The terms laid out here form the basis of the agreement for the sale and purchase of goods. Before you place an order, if you have any questions relating to these terms and conditions, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you do not agree to these terms and conditions, do not complete your order.
Conditions – refers to these Terms & Conditions.
Contract – refers to the contract for the sale and purchase of the goods.
Delivery Area – we currently only deliver to selected mainland addresses within England, Wales & Scotland. To check to see if we can deliver to your postcode, please see our Delivery Areas & Costs.
Goods – the products or plants displayed for sale on our website.
Website – means our website, located currently at www.coolings.co.uk.
Seller, We, Us, Our – Refers to us as a company, Coolings Nurseries Ltd. (registered in England no. 1534529). Our registered office is Coolings Nurseries Ltd., Rushmore Hill, Knockholt, Sevenoaks, Kent, TN14 7NN.
User, You – Refers to yourself, the user of our website.
We have tried to make our descriptions and images on our website as accurate as we possibly can, however you will appreciate that plants do vary, so these descriptions and images should be used only as a guide. The colour, size and shapes can vary between different specimens of the same plant. Images are likely to show mature plant specimens, rather than the juvenile specimens in our stock.
All of our prices include any VAT payable unless otherwise stated. The price of the goods does not include the delivery charge (See Delivery Areas & Costs for charges). If we have wrongly priced any of our goods, we will not be liable to supply those goods to you at the stated price, provided that we notify you before we dispatch the goods questioned. Online minimum order of £30 applies to all orders.
Once you have selected the goods and quantities you wish to purchase from our website, click the Checkout button located on the Shopping Basket page to begin the guided process of placing your order. The order confirmation page of this process will display the description of the goods you wish to purchase, the price including VAT, invoice address, delivery address and delivery cost. Please check these details are correct. If you are happy to go ahead with this order, click Card Payment, then enter your card details. Once you have pressed Continue, and filled in any security details that may be required, you should see an on-screen acknowledgement that your order has been sent to us and is now being processed. Details about our payment processing can be found on our Payment and Security page.
We have taken all possible precautions in our power to keep your order details and payment secure, but in the absence of negligence on our part we cannot be held liable for any loss you may suffer if a third party procures unauthorised access to any data you provide when accessing or ordering from our website.
We will then send you an order acknowledgement providing full details of your order, as well as detailing our returns policy. This is not an order confirmation. An agreement for us to sell you goods on these terms is only made when we accept the order, which takes place when we ship your product and send you a dispatch confirmation e-mail. This will take place unless we have notified you that we do not accept your order, or you have cancelled it in accordance with the instructions in Cancelling or Returning an Offer. An order not being accepted may be due to the goods being out of stock, your payment method not being authorised, the order not reflecting our current product descriptions or prices, or if the criteria set out in these Terms and Conditions are not met. Orders will be accepted at our sole discretion.
If you require any further information from us regarding your order, please e-mail email@example.com, or you can write to Coolings Online, Coolings Nurseries Ltd., Rushmore Hill, Knockholt, Sevenoaks, Kent, TN14 7NN.
Read or download our full Terms and Conditions here
Ordered Goods will be delivered to the address that you provide to us. It is very important that this information provided to us is correct, and that any additional delivery instructions (such as where you would like the Goods left if you are out) are supplied to us when prompted in the checkout process. We will not accept any liability for any loss or damage to the Goods once they have been delivered in accordance with your delivery instructions.
We will aim for delivery to take place within the quoted time frame; however these are guidelines and are not guaranteed. If delivery is delayed due to any cause beyond our control, we will contact you to advise you that the delivery date will have to be extended. Please click here to read our full details on Delivery Areas and Costs.
CANCELLING OR RETURNING AN ORDER
By placing your order, you are agreeing to our Returns and Cancellation Policy. Please click here to read our Returns and Cancellation Policy.
FIVE YEAR HARDY PLANT GUARANTEE
We are proud to offer a Five Year Guarantee on our full range of Hardy Plants. If any of your plants should fail to establish within this period, send us a photograph of the plant concerned, along with your order number, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Once the cause of the problem has been determined we can then issue you with a refund or a replacement. There are conditions may which may invalidate this guarantee, but they are few and far between, please see below for examples:
• Physical damage to a plant that is beyond our control e.g. bark damage caused by rabbits or damage by strimmers or lawn mowers.
• If a plant has failed due to neglect e.g. insufficient water during dry weather.
• We will guarantee a plant to its natural tolerance of hardiness. Extreme weather conditions may invalidate the guarantee on plants which are borderline hardy e.g. Acacia. If you are unsure whether a plant will be suitable for a particular location, please do not hesitate to get in touch. Send an e-mail to email@example.com.
• We will guarantee a plant for its natural lifespan however we cannot guarantee short-lived perennials for five years where their life expectancy is less e.g. certain herbaceous plants such as Gaura or Digitalis.
Your statutory rights are not affected or altered by this guarantee. Hardy plants are defined as plants that can withstand exposure to cold temperatures. Any plants that are non-hardy are exempt from our Five Year Hardy Plant Guarantee. Any plants that are not covered by our Five Year Hardy Plant Guarantee will be indicated in the product description on the individual product page. Please note that you will be charged for delivery on replacement items.
Listed below are the Terms and Conditions for any offer voucher published on behalf of Coolings Nurseries Ltd. This encompasses but is not restricted to the company magazine ‘Cuttings’, e-newsletter ‘Cuttings’, Coolings Nurseries Ltd. Facebook and Twitter pages and additional local, national and charity publications. If you require any additional information or have any comments please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For all our terms and conditions, ‘voucher’ refers to printed vouchers, online vouchers or voucher codes. These may be issued by Coolings in some of the following formats, including but not exclusive to:
- Cuttings Family magazine vouchers
- Cuttings e-news email news/promotions
- In store till receipt promotions
- Newspaper vouchers/offers
- Digital signage offers
- Social media (Facebook/Twitter)
- Other Coolings branded advertising
Terms & Conditions:
- Please present this voucher at the Till Point.
- No cash surrender value.
- All offers subject to availability. An alternative may be offered.
- Offer only valid with this voucher.
- One voucher per household.
- Voucher cannot be used in conjunction with a Coolings Trade Card or additional voucher offer.
- Offer cannot be used in conjunction with any existing promotion.
- Voucher limited to one use only.
- Voucher limited to offer stated only.
- Only one of these vouchers may be used in a single transaction.
- Offer may be valid during restricted hours.
- This voucher is the property of Coolings Nurseries Ltd and is not for re-sale, publication or reproduction.
- We cannot accept responsibility for lost vouchers.
- The trademarks of Coolings Nurseries Ltd or any of its trading companies are only allowed with the written permission of Coolings Nurseries Ltd.
- Coolings Nurseries Ltd reserves the right to decline any voucher in breach of the above Terms & Conditions.
- Coolings Nurseries Ltd reserves the right to amend voucher terms and conditions without notice.
- Coolings Family offers or vouchers where stated will require a valid Coolings Family card to be presented at the start of your transaction.
- Coolings Nurseries Ltd may refuse to refund the difference between promotional products and retail list price should your Coolings Family or voucher not be presented during your transaction.
- Specific terms may apply to a voucher. Where stated these terms are in addition to the terms as stated here.
- Monetary gift vouchers including National Garden Gift Tokens and Coolings Gift Vouchers are not valid for use against any voucher issued by Coolings. These will be excluded from any spend value discount or offer.
USE OF THE WEBSITE
Unless otherwise stated, the information and image contained in this web site is copyrighted to Coolings Nurseries Ltd and may not be distributed, modified, reproduced in any form without the prior written permission of Coolings Nurseries Ltd. Permission is granted to you to electronically copy and to print hard copy portions of this web site for the sole purpose of using this web site as a research and information resource, provided you agree not to change and/or delete any content, web design and/or layout contained in that material. Any other use of materials on this web site, including modification, distribution or republication, are strictly prohibited. If you believe that any content of our web site in any way infringes intellectual property rights belonging to you or any third party, please contact us immediately.
Coolings Nurseries Ltd shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, special or consequential damages whether in contract, tort or otherwise, arising out of the use of this web site or the reliance on information in it. The content of this paragraph and its disclaimers and exclusions shall apply to the maximum extent permissible by applicable laws. Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved.
Coolings Nurseries Ltd uses reasonable care to ensure that the information appearing on this web site is up to date and accurate. While Coolings Nurseries Ltd takes precautions to prevent the occurrence of errors and omissions the user of this web site should not take the accuracy of the information for granted but should check directly with Coolings Nurseries Ltd. None of the material contained in this web site is to be relied upon as a statement or representation of fact. Coolings Nurseries Ltd has no control over the use to which the information may be put by the user and accordingly shall not be liable for any loss of profits or any indirect or consequential loss or damage arising out of or in connection with the use of such information. The statutory rights of a customer dealing with Coolings Nurseries Ltd shall remain unaffected.
It is not possible for Coolings Nurseries Ltd to review the content of all of the web sites to which this web site links and Coolings Nurseries Ltd cannot be held liable for their content. Users of this web site link to other web sites at their own risk and use those web sites according to the terms and conditions of use of those web sites.
We reserve the right to make changes to this website, as well as changes to these Terms and Conditions. These terms will be governed by English law and any disputes will be settled by the English Courts.