Acer platanoides 'Drummondii' 12L
Product Code: 188513
- Common Name: Norway Maple
- Common Name: Norway maple 'Drummondii'
- An acer can be deciduous trees or large shrubs with paired, often palmately-lobed leaves and small flowers followed by characteristic winged fruits. Many have fine autumn colour, and some have ornamental stems
- 'Drummondii' is a medium-sized, deciduous tree to around 15m tall with a dense, rounded crown. Its deeply-lobed, variegated leaves have a green centre and broad, creamy-white margins; the leaves turn yellow in autumn. Clusters of yellow flowers open on the bare stems in spring before the leaves appear
- Grows best in a moist but well-drained soil in full sun or partial shade
- Ultimate height: Higher than 12 meters. Ultimate spread: Wider than 8 meters. Time to Ultimate height: 20-50 years
- Watch out for pests such as Aphids & hores chestnut scale that may cause problems for the tree. Field maples are also suseptible to Verticillium wilt a fungal disease that lives in the soil. It invades susceptible plants through their roots and spreads through the plant’s vascular system.
A wonderful variegated form of the Norway Maple, Acer platanoides 'Drummondii' boasts green lobed leaves with a creamy variegated margin in summer. The bright foliage contrasts wonderfully with some of the darker leaved Norway Maples, such as Acer platanoides 'Crimson King'. 'Drummondii' also provides pretty clusters of yellow spring flowers followed by attractive yellow and orange foliage in autumn, making it a fantastic garden feature for seasonal interest.
Our very own delivery team can bring your purchases direct to you in our environmentally friendly biodiesel powered vans.
Family Membership Card
A new way to offer a range of exciting benefits for you and your family to enjoy when visiting our garden centre.