Acer platanoides 'Crimson King' 12L
Product Code: 193313
- Common Name: Norway Maple
- Common Name: Norway maple 'Crimson King'
- An acer can be deciduous trees or large shrubs with paired, often palmately-lobed leaves and small flowers followed by characteristic winged fruits. Many have fine autumn colour, and some have ornamental stems
- Norway maple 'Crimson King' is a vigorous medium-sized deciduous tree. Leaves large, 5-lobed, deep purplish-crimson all summer. Flowers reddish-orange, in clusters on leafless branches
- Grow in a moist but well-drained soil. Leaf colour is best in partial shade but can also thrive in periods of full sun.
- Ultimate height: Higher than 8-12 meters. Ultimate spread: 4-8 meters. Time to Ultimate height: 20-50 years
- Watch out for pests such as Aphids & hores chestnut scale that may cause problems for the tree. Field maples are also suseptible to Verticillium wilt a fungal disease that lives in the soil. It invades susceptible plants through their roots and spreads through the plant’s vascular system.
This large, robust and vigorous ornamental tree has deep crimson/purple foliage throughout the spring and summer, hence the common name Purple Norway Maple. The autumn colour foliage ranges from orange to brown making this a spectacular maple tree throughout most of the year. Flowers are small, yellow and tinted red in spring.
Our very own delivery team can bring your purchases direct to you in our environmentally friendly biodiesel powered vans.
Family Membership Card
A new way to offer a range of exciting benefits for you and your family to enjoy when visiting our garden centre.