Prunus x subhirtella 'Autumnalis Rosea' 12L
Product Code: 184678
- Common Name: Rosebud Cherry
- Other Common Name: Winter-flowering Cherry 'Autumnalis Rosea,' Rosebud Cherry 'Autumnalis Rosea'
- Prunus can be deciduous or evergreen trees or shrubs with showy flowers in spring, and often good autumn foliage colour. Some have edible fruit in autumn, and a few species have ornamental bark
- 'Autumnalis Rosea' is a small deciduous tree of spreading habit with ovate leaves turning yellow in autumn, and pale pink, semi-double flowers opening during mild weather from late autumn to early spring
- Grow in any moist but well-drained soil. Makes an excellent specimen tree
- Ultimate height: 4-8 meters. Ultimate spread: 2.5-4 meters. Time to Ultimate height: 20-50 years
- May be suseptible to pests such as caterpillars, bullfinches and leaf-mining moths. Also watch for silver leaf, bacterial canker and blossom wilt as these diseases may cause problems for the tree as it grows
Prunus × subhirtella 'Autumnalis Rosea' boasts rosy pink flowers that open from dark pink buds and fade slightly to soft pink as they age. The semi-double blooms appear intermittently from November-March creating a long lasting, delightful display in the chilly, grey winter months. The flowers are followed by small fruit that are popular with the birds. The dark-green foliage of this small tree makes a good foil for other plants before turning to fiery yellow, orange and red in autumn. Ideal for smaller spaces, 'Autumnalis Rosea' will grow to 4 x 4 metres in 20 years, thriving in most but wet or shallow chalky soils. Tolerant of pollution, this pink flowering Winter Cherry tree is ideal for an urban situation. A fantastic tree to give spectacular year round interest.
Our very own delivery team can bring your purchases direct to you in our environmentally friendly biodiesel powered vans.
Family Membership Card
A new way to offer a range of exciting benefits for you and your family to enjoy when visiting our garden centre.