Prunus 'Pandora' 12L
Product Code: 183046
- Common Name: Ornamental Cherry
- Other Common Name: Cherry 'Pandora'
- Prunus can be deciduous or evergreen trees or shrubs with showy flowers in spring, and often good autumn foliage colour. Some have edible fruit in autumn, and a few species have ornamental bark
- 'Pandora' is a small deciduous tree with a neat, vase-shaped crown and ovate leaves bronze when opening, dull orange in autumn. Single, pale pink flowers 3cm in width borne in profusion
- Grow in moderately fertile soil in full sun
- Ultimate height: 8-12 meters. Ultimate spread: 4-8 meters. Time to Ultimate height: 10-20 years
- May be suseptible to pests such as caterpillars, bullfinches and leaf-mining moths. Also watch for silver leaf, bacterial canker and blossom wilt as these diseases may cause problems for the tree as it grows.
A wonderful small ornamental cherry tree, Prunus 'Okame' produces masses of candyfloss-pink, petite single flowers in early spring. The flowers are popular with bees - and also people since it is one of our best selling trees! The sharply toothed, dark-green leaves are strongly tinted orange and red in the autumn, giving an additional season of interest. Ideal for smaller gardens, Prunus 'Okame' will grow to an estimated height and spread of 4 x 4 metres in 20 years. It is tolerant of pollution and all soils except very wet or chalky. This is a stunning profuse flowering cherry tree that has received the RHS Award of Garden Merit and is well worthy of a space in any sized garden.
Our very own delivery team can bring your purchases direct to you in our environmentally friendly biodiesel powered vans.
Family Membership Card
A new way to offer a range of exciting benefits for you and your family to enjoy when visiting our garden centre.