Calathea 'Freddie' (7cm Pot)
Product Code: 291301
- Native to Brazil, Freddie is a tropical plant that comes alive with daylight, opening its leaves and soaking up the sunlight, before closing up again at night. It has long, narrow leaves and dark-green veins, which really make it stand out from the crowd
- Sold in a 7cm nursery pot
- Light: Your Freddie Plant prefers medium to bright indirect light—so placing it in front of an east, west, or north window is ideal. Too much direct sun burns the leaves and causes the beautiful leaf colors to fade
- Watering: Water your Calathea when the top 25% of soil is dry. Water until liquid flows through the drainage hole at the bottom of the pot and discard any water that has accumulated in the saucer
- Humidity: Like many tropical indoor plants, your Calathea Freddie prefers a spot with ample humidity. Brown edges on the leaves indicate the air is too dry. Mist often, add a pebble tray, or place a humidifier nearby
- Aditional care advice: If you notice a tip or edge burn often with a yellowish hue at the edge, especially on older leaves, it could be due to your tap water. To solve this, use distilled water, rainwater, or allow your tap water to stand overnight before watering so the chlorine and fluoride can evaporate
Partial shade, well-lit but sunless spot during winter. Keep compost moist using soft, tepid water and reduce watering in winter. Mist foliage regularly - stand on saucer of damp pebbles. Average temp, min 12°C.
Our very own delivery team can bring your purchases direct to you in our environmentally friendly biodiesel powered vans.
Family Membership Card
A new way to offer a range of exciting benefits for you and your family to enjoy when visiting our garden centre.