Salix x sepulcralis var. chrysocoma (12-14cm) 45L
Product Code: 185140
- Common Name: Golden Weeping Willow
- Details: S. × sepulcralis var. chrysocoma is a weeping, deciduous tree, to 15m tall and wide, with vigorous arching branches terminating in golden-yellow branchlets. Young yellow-green, lanceolate leaves mature to a glossy green and catkins containing both male and female flowers, or occasionally all male or all female in separate catkins, appear with the leaves in spring
- Characteristics: Foliage: Deciduous: Habit: Pendulous/Weeping: Hardiness: H5 - Hardy in most places throughout the UK even in severe winters (-15 to -10)
- Sunlight: Aspect: Full Sun: Exposure: South-facing or North-facing or West-facing or East-facing
- Soil: Moisture: Exposed or Sheltered: Soil: Moist but well-drained, Well-drained: pH: Clay, Loam, Sand
- Size: Ultimate height: Higher than 12 metres: Ultimate spread: wider than 8 metres: Time to ultimate height: 10-20 years
- Suggested planting locations and garden types: Architectural
Genus: Salix are deciduous shrubs and trees of diverse habit, with simple leaves and tiny flowers in catkins, male and female usually on separate plants. Some are valued for their brightly coloured winter shoots, others for their foliage or showy male catkins
Our very own delivery team can bring your purchases direct to you in our environmentally friendly biodiesel powered vans.
Family Membership Card
A new way to offer a range of exciting benefits for you and your family to enjoy when visiting our garden centre.