Metasequoia glyptostroboides (AGM) 12L
Product Code: 182897
- Common Name: Dawn Redwood
- Other Common Name: Dawn Redwood
- Metasequoia is a large deciduous tree with reddish-brown fibrous bark and soft, pale green linear leaves arranged in two ranks on the shoots, colouring beautifully in autumn
- Metasequoia glyptostroboides is a vigorous deciduous conifer making a large, narrowly conical tree to 25m, with flat sprays of narrow, pale green leaves that turn brownish-pink and yellow in autumn. Cones and flowers insignificant
- Grow in moist but well-drained soil. Tolerant of waterlogged soils. Excellent specimen tree grows quickly to considerable height
- Ultimate height: 12 meters. Ultimate spread: 8 meters. Time to Ultimate height: 20-50 years
- Generally disease and pest free
A lovely, deciduous conifer, Metasequoia glyptostroboides has soft, feathery foliage that is lush green throughout the spring and summer, before turning yellow and bronze in the autumn. Known as a Dawn Redwood or Water Larch tree, it has rough, fibrous and dark mahogany brown bark. Metasequoia glyptostroboides will grow to 12 x 5 metres in 20 years and is most deserving of a space in gardens with enough space, as it is critically endangered in the wild. Plant this tree in a sheltered position with sun or partial shade in moist, well-drained soil. It will tolerate waterlogged soils and boggy positions if planted out of exposure.
Our very own delivery team can bring your purchases direct to you in our environmentally friendly biodiesel powered vans.
Family Membership Card
A new way to offer a range of exciting benefits for you and your family to enjoy when visiting our garden centre.