Acer Campestre 12L
Product Code: 188507
- Common Name: Field Maple.
- An acer can be deciduous trees or large shrubs with paired, often palmately-lobed leaves and small flowers followed by characteristic winged fruits. Many have fine autumn colour, and some have ornamental stems
- Acer Campestre is a medium-sized deciduous tree with a compact bushy crown. Leaves with 5 blunt lobes, turning yellow or red in the autumn. Flowers small, green, forming typical winged maple fruits
- Ultimate height: Higher than 12 meters. Ultimate spread: 4-8 meters. Time to Ultimate height: 10-20 years
- Watch out for pests such as Aphids & hores chestnut scale that may cause problems for the tree. Field maples are also suseptible to Verticillium wilt a fungal disease that lives in the soil. It invades susceptible plants through their roots and spreads through the plant’s vascular system.
Acer campestre, known as the field maple, is a flowering plant species in the family Sapindaceae. It is native to much of continental Europe, Britain, southwest Asia from Turkey to the Caucasus, and north Africa in the Atlas Mountains.
Our very own delivery team can bring your purchases direct to you in our environmentally friendly biodiesel powered vans.
Family Membership Card
A new way to offer a range of exciting benefits for you and your family to enjoy when visiting our garden centre.