Sorbus 'Joseph Rock' 12L
Product Code: 198180
- Other Common Name: Mountain Ash 'Joseph Rock'
- Sorbus can be deciduous trees or shrubs with simple or pinnate leaves and clusters of small white or pink flowers, followed by white, yellow, pink, red or brown berries; some have fine autumn colour
- 'Joseph Rock' is an upright tree with pinnate leaves which turn orange, red and purple in autumn, contrasting with the butter-yellow berries
- Grow in moderately fertile, humus-rich soil. Tolerant of atmospheric pollution; ideal specimen tree in small garden
- Ultimate height: 8-12 meters. Ultimate spread: 4-8 meters. Time to Ultimate height: 20-50 years
- May be suseptible to pests such as Aphids, blister mites and sawflies. Also watch for apple canker, honey fungus and fireblight as these diseases may cause problems for the tree as it grows
Sorbus 'Joseph Rock' is renowned for its amber yellow, late summer berries that hang onto the tree into winter before becoming a welcome treat for birds. The pinnate foliage is a light/mid green and turns vibrant shades of red, orange, copper, purple and scarlet in the autumn, which set off the yellow berries beautifully. Corymbs of creamy white flowers adorn the branches in May-June and attract plenty of wildlife, especially bees. Also known as the Yellow Berried Mountain Ash tree, 'Jospeh Rock' is upright and neat in form, growing to only 6 x 4 metres in 20 years. This popular choice makes an outstanding small garden tree and is worthy of a space in any garden.
Our very own delivery team can bring your purchases direct to you in our environmentally friendly biodiesel powered vans.
Family Membership Card
A new way to offer a range of exciting benefits for you and your family to enjoy when visiting our garden centre.