Malus 'Indian Magic' 12L
Product Code: 214573
- Common Name: Crab Apple
- Other Common Name: Crab Apple 'Indian Magic'
- Malus are small to medium-sized deciduous trees with showy flowers in spring and ornamental or edible fruit in autumn; some have good autumn foliage colour
- 'Indian Magic' is a deciduous flowering crab apple with bronze-tinged leaves. Flowers, borne in mid to late spring, are pink. Small orangey-red fruits are borne in autumn and typically persist for several months
- Grow in moderately fertile soil; will tolerate partial shade
- Ultimate height: 4-8 meters. Ultimate spread: 2.5-4 meters. Time to Ultimate height: 5-10 years
- Peast such as Aphids, woolly aphid, fruit tree red spider mite and caterpillars may be a problem for the tree as it grows. Also watch for apple scab, apple canker, blossom wilt, honey fungus and powdery mildews as the tree may be affected by these diseases.
This is an extremely narrow columnar tree with a strong architectural form and striking autumn colour. Growing to approximately 6m high and just 1 metre wide in 20 years, Liquidambar styraciflua 'Slender Silhouette' really lives up to its name. The polished, deeply lobed foliage is lush green through spring and summer, before turning vivid shades of purple, red and orange in autumn. This Columnar Sweet Gum is ideal in a small garden where height is desirable, for use as a focal point, breaking up the appearance of ugly buildings or planted in rows to create a formal avenue.
Our very own delivery team can bring your purchases direct to you in our environmentally friendly biodiesel powered vans.
Family Membership Card
A new way to offer a range of exciting benefits for you and your family to enjoy when visiting our garden centre.