Fern Asparagus setaceus (syn. plumosus) (15cm Pot)
Product Code: 255857
- Common Name: Asparagus Fern
- Asparagus setaceus plumosus is an elegant fern with long wiry stems and lovely frond-like sprays that scramble outwards horizontally. It is bushy initially, developing long, twining stems of bright green, feathery fronds. Tiny green-white bell shaped flowers may appear in late summer which develop into small, purple berries
- Sold in a 15cm nursery pot
- Light: Bright, indirect sunlight. Direct sunlight may scorch the needles, whereas insufficient light may turn them yellow and cause them to drop
- Watering: The Lace Fern should be watered regularly so that the soil can stay moist, but be careful not to overwater as waterlogged roots can easily rot. Less water is required during the winter
- Temperture: Average household temperatures will suit the Asparagus setaceus well. Needs a minimum of 13°C in winter. Avoid cold draughts
- Humidity: This plant does not particularly need increased humidity, but will appreciate the occasional misting. If you notice browning, try misting, or pop it beside the shower for a short while
Bright, semi-shaded position out of direct sun. Water regularly spring to autumn, sparingly in winter. Mist occasionally. Average warmth, min 10°C/50°F. May cause skin allergy / fruits harmful if eaten.
Our very own delivery team can bring your purchases direct to you in our environmentally friendly biodiesel powered vans.
Family Membership Card
A new way to offer a range of exciting benefits for you and your family to enjoy when visiting our garden centre.