Areca Palm Dypsis (12cm Pot)
Product Code: 183235
- Common Name: Areca Palm
- A graceful, attractive palm with closely growing upright stems and long arching linear leaves, that makes a handsome focal point to any room. Still one of the most popular houseplants and it’s easy to see why as it is so versatile and easy to look after
- Home care: Water regularly through the growing season with soft water or rain water but let the surface of the soil dry out slightly before rewatering. Reduce watering through the winter months. These plants need humidity so mist the leaves regularly, or stand on a tray of damp pebbles. Although they like a warm atmosphere don't place it near a radiator or heat source, and choose a brightly lit spot but not in direct sun
- Likes part-shaded areas in a well- lit room or a spot near a north- facing window where I won’t get sunlight. Easy to care for, it grows best in bright light but not summertime direct sun
- Position: bright but indirect light. Soil: good potting compost
- Rate of growth: slow growing. Hardiness: tender (indoors only)
- Pot size: (12cm)
Sun to partial shade. Water liberally spring and summer. Keep slightly moist in the winter. Mist foliage if kept in a heated room. Average warmth. min 10°C in winter.
Our very own delivery team can bring your purchases direct to you in our environmentally friendly biodiesel powered vans.
Family Membership Card
A new way to offer a range of exciting benefits for you and your family to enjoy when visiting our garden centre.