Liquidambar styraciflua 'Gum Ball' 1/2 Std 18L
Product Code: 220270
- Common Name: Sweet Gum
- Details: 'Gum Ball' is a compact, rounded tree, often grown as a standard pom pom tree. Leaves are alternate, maple-like and dense and take on brilliant and long-lasting autumn colour. Flowers and fruits are inconspicuous, although fruits are a decorative spiky woody capsule.
- Characteristics: Foliage: Deciduous: Habit: Columnar/Upright: Hardiness: H4 - Hardy through most of the UK (-10 to -5)
- Sunlight: Aspect: Full Sun or Partial Shade: Exposure: North-facing or South-facing or East-facing or West-facing
- Soil: Moisture: Exposed or Sheltered: Soil: Moist but well-drained, Well-drained: pH: Clay, Loam, Sand
- Size: Ultimate height: 1.5-2.5 metres: Ultimate spread: 1.5-2.5 metres: Time to ultimate height: 20-50 years
- Suggested planting locations and garden types: Architectural City & Courtyard Gardens
Genus: Liquidambar are deciduous trees grown for their alternate, maple-like leaves which take on brilliant and long-lasting autumn colour; flowers and fruits are inconspicuous
Our very own delivery team can bring your purchases direct to you in our environmentally friendly biodiesel powered vans.
Family Membership Card
A new way to offer a range of exciting benefits for you and your family to enjoy when visiting our garden centre.