Betula pendula 'Laciniata' (syn 'Dalecarlica') (AGM) 12L
Product Code: 270215
- Common Name: Silver Birch
- Details: 'Laciniata' is a slender medium-sized deciduous tree of open habit. Bark white, becoming black and rugged at base. Leaves oval, attractively incised with narrow lobes; yellow in autumn. Flowers in brown catkins
- Characteristics: Foliage: Deciduous: Habit: Pendulous/Weeping: Hardiness: H7 - Hardy in the severest European continental climates (< -20)
- Sunlight: Aspect: Full Sun or Partial Shade: Exposure: South-facing or North-facing or West-facing or East-facing
- Soil: Moisture: Exposed or Sheltered: Soil: Moist but well-drained, Well-drained: pH: Chalk, Clay, Loam, Sand
- Size: Ultimate height: Higher than 12 metres: Ultimate spread: wider than 8 metres: Time to ultimate height: 20-50 years
- Suggested planting locations and garden types: Architectural Wildlife Gardens
Genus: Betula can be deciduous trees or shrubs, usually colouring well in autumn and often with striking white, pink, or peeling brown bark; separate male and female catkins open before or with the leaves in spring
Our very own delivery team can bring your purchases direct to you in our environmentally friendly biodiesel powered vans.
Family Membership Card
A new way to offer a range of exciting benefits for you and your family to enjoy when visiting our garden centre.