Following the Government’s announcement on changes to be made after lockdown, all our garden centres will be open. We have remained open during the most recent lockdown and all our COVID safety measures are operational at all sites to ensure your visit and experience with us is as safe as possible.
From 2 December 2020 our garden centres will be in the following tiers:
- Coolings Wych Cross Garden Centre
- Coolings The Gardener’s Garden Centre
- Coolings Green & Pleasant
- Coolings Potted Garden Nursery
If you wish not to visit us in-store, we understand and you can still enjoy COOLINGS from the comfort of your home. Our online shop has got all your gardening needs covered, visit www.coolings.co.uk/shop.
All of our restaurants and cafes currently have various restrictions in place based on Government guidelines.
- Arthurs remains closed, but will be operating a takeaway service on hot drinks at the entrance to Coolings from Friday 4th December 2020.
- Blueberry Café is currently operating a takeaway service ONLY on hot drinks.
- The Hybrid Tea Room is operating a takeaway service ONLY on hot drinks from Saturday 5th December 2020.
- The Gardener’s Café remains closed until further notice.
The postcodes for our four sites are as follows:
Rushmore Hill, Knockholt, TN14 7NN (Sevenoaks District Council)
Green & Pleasant, Main Road, Knockholt, TN14 7LJ (Sevenoaks District Council)
Wych Cross, East Sussex, RH18 5JW (Wealden District Council)
Potted Garden, Maidstone, ME14 4NH (Maidstone Borough Council)
Please respect other customers and our employees by washing your hands regularly, wearing a mask and maintaining social distances and following these guidelines
Our opening hours are:
Coolings The Gardener’s Garden Centre: 9am – 5pm Monday to Saturday and 9am-4.30pm on Sunday
Coolings Potted Garden Nursery: 9am – 5pm Monday to Saturday and 9am-4.30pm on Sunday
Coolings Wych Cross Garden Centre: 9am to 5pm Monday to Saturday. 10.30am to 4.30pm (open at 10am for browsing only) on Sunday.
Coolings Green & Pleasant: 9am to 5pm Monday to Saturday. 10.30am to 4.30pm (open at 10am for browsing only) on Sunday.
Whilst we are delighted that we can stay open, we are of course, well aware that we have to keep our staff and customers safe. Therefore we have restrictions that you wouldn’t normally see at Coolings. We ask all customers to be respectful of these and to conduct their trips in a safe and considerate manner.
- It is now mandatory for customers to wear a face covering whilst shopping in all areas of our garden centres in line with government guidelines. Face Coverings are not required for children under age 11, or those with qualifying medical conditions as outlined by government guidelines.
- Track and Trace signage is in place at all the entrances to our sites.
- Please observe 2m distance when shopping. Our staff are here to help and are happy to, but please be mindful of them too and maintain 2m distance.
- Wipes are available for all our trolleys so that handles can be wiped down.
- We know that it’s tempting to pick plants up to have a look, but please only touch products that you intend to buy.
- Some areas have directional signage. Please adhere to these restrictions as they are for customer and staff safety.
- We ask all customers to pay by card. We are accepting contactless payment up to the value of £45 and Apple or Android Pay up to £150. Chip and pin machines have wipes by them.
- Our tills and customer service areas have been fitted with screens to protect our customers and staff.
- At this time our wheelchairs and electric scooters are unfortunately not available for use due to Covid-19 restrictions.
If you are not comfortable with visiting us at the moment, you can still place an order in our Online Shop for home delivery. Postcode restrictions apply.
For more information, please visit https://www.coolings.co.uk/faqs
You can also keep up with us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Thank you for your support and understanding. We look forward to welcoming you back to Coolings.