UPDATE: Following the Prime Minister’s announcement of another national lockdown. As per the previous lockdown guidance we are fortunate that Garden Centres remain classified as essential retail and we are still allowed to remain open.
After careful consideration Coolings have re-opened all our four centres.
We are conscious of our responsibilities after being designated by the Government as an essential retailer. Coolings took the decision that with rising cases and with little to do in the garden in January we would voluntarily close for the safety of our staff and customers. We believe that gardening can be good for everyones’ mental and physical well-being and with Spring just around the corner, we know that this is a time when many of our customers plan and prepare their gardens for the months ahead. With a lower level of Covid cases in the postcodes around our Coolings centres, we feel it is appropriate to reopen as an essential retailer for both our customers, staff and long term future of the business. We also have in stock many Spring products including seeds, Summer bulbs, seed potatoes, potted Spring bulbs and many other essential gardening products.
We are asking all customers please only travel to us if your shop is for essential gardening items, and you are local to our sites. Our Early Bird Sale will continue in-store until the end of February, but is also available from our online shop, so you can stay at home and have your shopping delivered safely to your front door. If you do decide to visit in person please remember the safety of others by practicing safe distancing and wearing a mask.
Our other centre, Coolings Lifestyle (formally known as Coolings Green & Pleasant), is now open after undergoing improvement works. All our coffee shops remain closed until further notice, however, we will be operating a takeaway service on hot drinks at the entrance of Coolings The Gardener’s Garden Centre only from 10am – 3pm, Monday – Saturday.
The Nature Trail in Knockholt also remain closed at this time.
If you wish not to visit us in-store, we understand and you can still enjoy COOLINGS from the comfort of your home. Our online shop has got all your gardening needs covered, visit www.coolings.co.uk/shop.
All of our restaurants and cafes are currently closed until further notice.
- Arthurs remains closed until further notice. But will be operating a takeaway service on hot drinks at the entrance of Coolings The Gardener’s Garden Centre (Monday – Saturday, 10am – 3pm).
- Blueberry Café remains closed until further notice.
- The Hybrid Tea Room closed until further notice.
- The Gardener’s Café closed until further notice.
The postcodes for our four sites are as follows:
Rushmore Hill, Knockholt, TN14 7NN (Sevenoaks District Council)
Green & Pleasant, Main Road, Knockholt, TN14 7LJ (Sevenoaks District Council)
Wych Cross, East Sussex, RH18 5JW (Wealden District Council)
Potted Garden, Maidstone, ME14 4NH (Maidstone Borough Council)
Please respect other customers and our employees by washing your hands regularly, wearing a mask and maintaining social distances and following these guidelines
Whilst we are delighted that we can stay open, we are of course, well aware that we have to keep our staff and customers safe. Therefore we have restrictions that you wouldn’t normally see at Coolings. We ask all customers to be respectful of these and to conduct their trips in a safe and considerate manner.
- It is now mandatory for customers to wear a face covering whilst shopping in all areas of our garden centres in line with government guidelines. Face Coverings are not required for children under age 11, or those with qualifying medical conditions as outlined by government guidelines.
- Track and Trace signage is in place at all the entrances to our sites.
- Please observe 2m distance when shopping. Our staff are here to help and are happy to, but please be mindful of them too and maintain 2m distance.
- Wipes are available for all our trolleys so that handles can be wiped down.
- We know that it’s tempting to pick plants up to have a look, but please only touch products that you intend to buy.
- Some areas have directional signage. Please adhere to these restrictions as they are for customer and staff safety.
- We ask all customers to pay by card. We are accepting contactless payment up to the value of £45 and Apple or Android Pay up to £150. Chip and pin machines have wipes by them.
- Our tills and customer service areas have been fitted with screens to protect our customers and staff.
- At this time our wheelchairs and electric scooters are unfortunately not available for use due to Covid-19 restrictions.
If you are not comfortable with visiting us at the moment, you can still place an order in our Online Shop for home delivery. Postcode restrictions apply.
For more information, please visit https://www.coolings.co.uk/faqs
You can also keep up with us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Thank you for your support and understanding. We look forward to welcoming you back to Coolings.