All information below was created on 1st August 2021 and may be subject to change depending on changes in Government guidelines on COVID-19.
Enchanted Grotto FAQs
You should allow approximately 25 minutes for your Grotto experience. If you choose to visit Willow’s Birds of Prey & Wildlife Trail then allow additional time for this. Your Grotto booking time is the time you are required to arrive to start your experience and NOT your booked time with Santa.
We ask that you arrive 10 minutes before your allotted time. Please make your way through the shop and outside to Willow’s Birds of Prey & Wildlife Trail. You will need to show your ticket (either on your smart phone or a printed copy) at the kiosk where your experience will begin.
We will try to fit you into the next available slot depending on current booking numbers. Please note this may not be possible at peak times and therefore a Coolings gift card will be issued for the value of your ticket.
All children will require a ticket, except for any babies (under the age of one) attending but not wishing to receive a present, please book a baby ticket so that we don’t exceed the number of people in the grotto at any one time.
Each timeslot allows for 6 people, there may be people from other families with you.
For everyone’s safety, we prefer that all adults and all children over the age of 11 wear facemasks throughout the duration of their visit, however this is not mandatory.
Hand sanitising stations will be available throughout the experience, and all touchpoints will be thoroughly cleaned between visits.
We are asking that anyone displaying symptoms of COVID-19, or anyone who has tested positive for the virus in the last 10 days to stay away. We may ask you about symptoms or tests, please don’t be offended, we are simply trying to keep everyone safe.
Please note that if the Government guidelines for Covid-19 change, we may need to change the format of the grotto at short notice.
Unfortunately, we are unable to offer refunds for anyone who is self-isolating at the time of their visit, however we will put the full ticket amount onto a Coolings gift card. We ask you to contact us at least 48 hours before your original entry time.
No full refunds will be given. We ask you to contact us at least 48 hours before your original entry time and we will try to reallocate you a more suitable time and date depending on availability. If we are unable to find a suitable time we will issue you a Coolings gift card with the full ticket value on.
If the Government impose a lockdown meaning that we are required to shut the grotto we will issue a full refund. This will happen automatically with your money being refunded back into the account you paid from.
In order to keep the magic of the Grotto a surprise for other people, we ask that you refrain from taking photos other than when you are invited to do so by the elves.
Professional photos will be available to purchase at the end of your visit. The cost of the photos is not included in your ticket price.
Each paying child will be able to choose an age appropriate gift from Santa. This is non-refundable and cannot be exchanged.
We ask that buggies are left outside the Grotto entrance in the allocated undercover area, any valuable items are left at your own risk. You will be able to collect your buggy at the exit to the Grotto.
There are toilet facilities available in the main building.
The grotto is only at our Coolings Lifestyle centre the full address:
To discover more about Coolings Lifestyle, click here.
Please note this is not Coolings The Gardener’s Garden Centre on Rushmore Hill.
The Nature Trail is included in the ticket price, but is not part of the grotto experience. For this reason you do not have to visit the Nature Trail. However, if you wish to visit Willows Bird of Prey / Nature Trail this must be pre-booked in advance of your visit. You will be sent your discount code in your ticket confirmation email once you have placed your grotto booking. In order to claim your free visit to the Nature Trail Entry please use the code within the email and apply on Willow’s Bird of Prey website.
If Willows Bird of Prey / Nature Trail is fully booked then your free entry is still valid up until Monday 31st January, just remember to book in advance. To Book (Click here)
The opening times of the Nature Trail are as follows:
Monday – Saturday (9am – 4pm) with last entry at 3.30pm
Sunday – (10am – 4pm) with last entry at 3.30pm
Christmas Eve only (9am – 2pm) with last entry at 1pm
Our Blueberry Café will be open for both eating in and takeaway options, this will include a selection of cold drinks, hot drinks, cakes, fresh sandwiches, light savoury snacks and festive treats.
The café will stay open later on the days of the grotto, closing 30 minutes before the last entry.
We’re sorry if we sound strict but in the current circumstances, we want to ensure we provide everyone with a safe experience, in order to do this, we need to implement a few rules.
- Anyone displaying symptoms of Covid-19, or who has tested positive for Covid-19 in the last 10 days must not attend.
- As part of the NHS Track and Trace we will keep visitor details for 21 days. These details will not be shared with any third party other than NHS Track and Trace.
- Children must be accompanied by at least one paying adult and must be supervised at all times while on site.
- You must present your ticket (either on your smart phone, or a paper copy) on arrival. Entry without a valid ticket will be refused.
- Please aim to arrive 10 minutes before your allocated time, late arrivals may result in entrance being refused. Due to additional Covid safety measures allocated entry times are being strictly adhered to.
- Tickets can be purchased in advance, however there may be tickets available to purchase on the day from the photo booth.
- Tickets are non-refundable unless we are unable to open the grotto for any reason.
- Tickets cannot be changed or exchanged.
- Photos are not permitted inside the grotto other than in clearly defined areas.
- Grotto gifts will be given to all full-paying children. They are non-refundable and cannot be exchanged.
- Last entry to the Willow’s Birds of Prey & Wildlife Trail is at 3:30pm (allowing a 30 minute visit). Anyone booked for the grotto after 3.00pm can redeem their ticket for Willow’s Birds of Prey & Wildlife Trail on another date throughout December 2021, January and February 2022. Please note Willow’s Birds of Prey & Wildlife Trail is closed on Christmas Eve.